Wednesday, July 2, 2008

no clever title...

I can't believe it is July. Where has the time gone? WOW! Surprisingly the weather has been beautiful here in KY (for a few days at least) and so we've gotten to take advantage of long walks... and it's even better that the cicadas are gone! We're settling into a new routine now that Viktor is working, but it's been working out great. I've had a few job leads in the past couple of weeks, but nothing has worked out quite right. We're still trusting the Lord to open the right doors and provide as He always has and always will. I must say that job searching full-time can be quite draining at times and I will be oh so thankful when this full-time job searching turns into a full-time job!

We had a great visit with our friends, Steve, Rachel, and Phil this past weekend. What a blessing and time of refreshment for us to spend time with some of our good friends from Marion. They happened to be coming through on a visit from North Carolina, so they made a stop overnight to stay with us. We have had many special times with them over the past couple years and we are grateful that we can always pick up where we left off whenever we can get together.

Although a trip home to visit family and friends over the holiday is ideal, the gas prices are not so friendly these days. This means that we'll be staying here over the long weekend. However, we have some fun plans with some friends to see the local Wilmore parade (which we've been told is something not to miss!) and hopefully we'll catch some fireworks!

Until next time...

I wonder how many pictures have been taken with these statues over the years...
Yep, we live on the 4th floor!...

No comments: