Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A whole lot of pink...

As mentioned in my previous blog post, Emily and I went to Nashville, TN a few weeks ago to participate in the Race for the Cure. It was pretty amazing to see how many people were there supporting the cause. It meant a lot that I could participate in something that will support breast cancer awareness and research, and Emily and I were proud to walk in honor of some of our dear friends who have battled with breast cancer over the years. Emily was a trooper and enjoyed her first 5k...Missy thinks she needs to participate in more 5k's in the future...we'll see about that one! Enjoy the pics from our pink weekend!

Here we are before the race...it was pretty chilly, but the rain held off! Oh, and I didn't plan for Emily to be wearing pink, but she sure did fit in with the rest of the crowd!


If you look closely you will see some pink wigs...this, among other costumes (including men in pink tu-tu's) kept us pretty entertained throughout the day.

The crowded streets....

Emily slept almost the entire time...she was such a trooper!

Missy and Aunt Ann...aren't they cute?!?! Her aunt was so sweet and hospitable all weekend. We had so much fun!

At the end, all the breast cancer survivors were ushered under the pink balloons, while the rest of us went off to the side and cheered them on.

Obviously, Missy knows how to hold a face when distracted...not so much for Emily and me. This picture is a result of two ladies trying to get Emily to smile, but really they just looked ridiculous...I couldn't handle it and Emily didn't quite know what to think.

This was Emily's first hayride at Gentry Farm...she was all tuckered out from the race earlier in the day and could care less about the other fall festivities. :)

2 comments:

Gretchen deWeber said...

Emily is just so stinkin' cute. Glad you guys had a great time!

Jan said...

So cute, I can't wait to meet her!