Thursday, April 15, 2010

Teething biscuits...

Let me start off by saying, I am not a fan of teething biscuits! They are the messiest food item known to man! In fact, I have only given one to Emily on one other occasion. However, today, out of desperation, she enjoyed her second round with a teething biscuit! Emily has been teething for the past few days. Her 3rd tooth is coming in and it is causing much more pain than her first two ever did (and they came in at the same time!). She didn't sleep very well last night and only slept 30 minutes today (compared to her usual 2+ hrs/day). She has been very clingy and fussy (not typical at all). Poor girl! So, after alternating tylenol, motrin, teething tablets, cold rags, toys, etc, etc, I decided to bust out another teething biscuit. Actually, Viktor mentioned it about halfway through the day. I have been trying to avoid them due to the mess. You will notice that I stripped her down to her diaper, which helped with the cleanup. Despite the mess, Emily was one happy camper and the pain from teething was relieved for a good 30 minutes while she chomped away on the biscuit. Oh, and the tooth is almost through her gums. I'm hoping it will be here by morning! I hate that she is so bothered by the pain.






4 comments:

Gretchen deWeber said...

Yes, those things are soooo messy. But just wait until she starts eating spaghetti....that just may be tied with them! :)

Angela said...

Wow, she is one happy camper with those teething biscuits! So cute!

Jan said...

I really don't like those things either. I threw them out, actually and tried on all 4, but never gave them more than 2.
Emily seems content though. Maddie is strugglng, she has 4 coming in now and not a very baby.
She's a cutie, enjoy even the messy times!

elizabeth said...

you are so brave! looks like the mess was worth it...made Emily happy for a little bit!