I woke up not feeling well on Friday (her birthday), but I was determined to not let it spoil her special day. We took a quick trip to Urgent Care so I could get some antibiotics and then we got home for her morning nap. Of course, she ate up all the attention at the doctor, especially when they found out it was her birthday. Anyways, it was a beautiful day, so after lunch I decided to walk her to a local restaurant downtown for a milkshake. Needless to say, Emily LOVED the milkshake. It was so much fun and perhaps we'll have to make it a tradition. Due to the high amount of sugar consumed, my baby girl decided she didn't need an afternoon nap. I was a little afraid of the result of a no-nap afternoon, especially with my parents and friend, Gretchen, coming into town later that day. We strapped her in the Ergo and Viktor took her on a 20 minute walk around the block. By the time they made it back home, she was sound asleep until she spotted Pop and Mimi, who had just arrived. We proceeded to open more presents, eat her favorite meal (spaghetti) and wait for Gretchen and her girls (Amelia and Ella) to arrive from Ohio. Even though we were having cake the next day at her party, I made some cupcakes for us to celebrate on Friday, too. She DEVOURED the cupcake...every last crumb...and even licked the plate.
We had a fun time celebrating at Emily's party on Saturday. She is such a little social butterfly and loved having so many of her friends in one place. Thanks to my parents for providing a yummy lunch for all of us...and Viktor's family even skyped in from Hungary. After everyone left the party we headed home for a quick nap and then over to visit some friends who were in town from Hungary. The day didn't end there...we were off to church at 5:30pm and then out to dinner at Joe Bologna's with my parents. We finally tucked our little party girl into bed around 9:30pm...a good 2 hours after her bedtime....what's amazing about that is I can't remember her crying AT ALL the entire day. I think she enjoyed her birthday!
Emily, you are a gift!



2 comments:
thanks for posting! sounds like it was wonderful. really sorry i missed out. excited to see you soon!
So FUN! Will you please copy and paste Dan and I in the back in the group pic? :o)
Seriously, sooo cute decorating and food!
Post a Comment