Sunday, October 2, 2011

"BSF Church"


This year Emily and I are participating in a local BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) group on Wednesday mornings. It has been a great experience so far and I would totally recommend it! Not only do I love the time I spend together in fellowship with the other ladies as we study the Word, but I love the fact that they have a special kid's program with a strong emphasis on spiritual growth. Emily has two hours of social interaction, play, Bible story time, singing, etc in a very safe environment. I'm so glad it is so much more than just childcare for her. She is learning and most importantly learning about God. To help her understand the difference between the two churches we attend during the week, we have names for them: our church we go to on Sundays is "daddy's church" (because daddy goes there during the week to work and teaches Sunday school, she thinks it is HIS church) and the church we go to for BSF is "BSF church". She asks constantly to go to "BSF church."

Today, as we were getting ready for "daddy's church" I looked over to find her laying on her prayer towel, hands clasped, praying out loud. It was the most precious thing ever. At BSF church they have a designated time where they have the kids rest on their towels to have quiet time with God. I had no idea the impact it was having on sweet Em until I saw her curled up on her towel praying. I'm so thankful!

I was able snap a quick picture before I interrupted her peace. ha!

3 comments:

Sara Beth Stout said...

that brought tears to my eyes! love it!

Jan said...

Praise the Lord for little ones who desire to Praise Him! I'm so excited for you and Emily both! Praying that "BSF Church" continues to feed you both!

mbevil said...

So sweet!