This past week I was feeling a bit stir crazy and thought we needed to do something a little different than the "norm." I follow a blog that has tons of great activities and events in and around Lexington and stumbled upon the UK Arboretum and Children's Garden website. It was a beautiful day and so I decided to call my friend Megan and invite her and her son, Nathan, along for some fun in the sun! It was a GREAT morning! We stayed for about 2 hours and practically had to pull the kids out of there. There were so many things to see and do. When the kiddos got disinterested with one thing there was always something else to run and do. I love activities that are so hands on....perfect for this age!! The staff was great, too...always around to help engage the kids in learning. Emily's favorites were finding worms in the worm compost, watering the plants, playing in the stream, and playing in the sand. Nathan loved digging in the dirt and playing in the stream!
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment