Thursday, January 14, 2010

Emily's sock...

This morning, Emily and I were packing up to head out to Walmart so I could get a few last minute things for our trip to N. Indiana tomorrow. I was ready to walk out the door when I noticed Emily's sock was missing. I was a little frustrated that I was completely ready and now had the interruption of the sock...haha. I put everything down and went on a search. After a couple minutes (probably just one, but it seemed longer), I found her sock, put it on, and out the door we went. As we were driving down the road to Walmart, we stumbled upon a bad wreck (literally missed it by seconds)...the car had been jolted about across both ways of traffic (debris was everywhere), people were running to the scene, and immediately I prayed for the situation. It was at that moment that I also thanked God for Emily's misplaced sock this morning...for a second I wondered what would've been if we hadn't had the interruption and were at the place of the accident just a few seconds prior. As we continued on our way and pulled over for numerous emergency vehicles (3 police, 2 ambulances, and 1 firetruck), tears came to my eyes as I again, prayed for those involved in the wreck and also thanked God for protecting Emily and I this morning. Next time, maybe I'll be a little less quick to get frustrated over a lost sock.

Today I am especially grateful for God's protection over our family!

3 comments:

Gretchen deWeber said...

Wow. Great post. Glad for the sock. God is amazing!

The Bowman Family said...

thanks for writing about that-what a great reminder to be thankful for God's timing- and I am glad were safe. Let me know when you will be in Marion or close so we can catch up and our girls can meet :)

Jan said...

Praise the Lord in all things, even missing socks! Thanks so much for the reminder!